Anorexia / Restrictive Eating Treatment
Our Treatment for Anorexia
Anorexia treatment at Woodleaf Center is a gentle approach and we know the healing process takes time. Woodleaf Center provides a private, individualized safe space for you to heal. We will focus on what has brought you here to this moment in time, what purpose the anorexia/restriction is serving and teach how to stabilize your emotions and eating patterns. We know and believe you can fully recover.
Our program provides structure, compassionate support and our experienced multi-displinary staff will help you discover freedom from the obsession of food and weight. Our holisitic nutritionist approach will give you the tools to create balanced meals, stabilize eating patterns and regain nutritional balance. We will meet you where you are at with food in this process. Our goal is to help clients learn to embrace who they really are while letting go of their eating disorder. Clients at Woodleaf Center thrive and we are honored to be part of our clients healing process.
Symptoms to look for in Restriction and Anorexia
- Extremely low body weight, or body weight much lower than one’s body was genetically meant to be
- Intense fear of gaining weight or becoming fat
- Distorted body image: sees self as fat
- Undue influence of body weight or shape on how one evaluates one’s self
- Absent or irregular menstruation
- May or may not engage in purging behaviors
If you or a loved one is suffering from symptoms of anorexia we are here to help.